Tax Attorney in Nassau County
Back to Top
IRS Appeals Supportive, Genuine Representation You Can Trust

IRS Appeals Attorney in Nassau County

Appeal a Tax Decision with My Help

The IRS is not immune to the occasional error – it makes mistakes just like you and me. If a clerical error or abuse of discretion has left you with a tax problem, you have the right to appeal the IRS’s decision.

My firm, Wynne Law, P.C., offers comprehensive representation to individuals and businesses navigating the appeals process. It is in your best interest to have a smart and capable attorney on your side – let me fight for you. As a skilled tax appeals lawyer in Garden City, I have helped numerous Americans file appeals, working hard to protect their rights. I look forward to helping you through this tough situation.

Call me at (516) 246-2280 or contact me online to get started on your appeal with a free consultation.

When to Appeal an IRS Decision

Depending on the circumstances of your situation, an appeal might prove to be a fruitful effort. A successful appeal could reduce your tax liability, mitigate potential penalties, and save you money.

Issues that may warrant an appeal include:

  • Tax deficiencies from an audit or substitution for return
  • An innocent spouse decision
  • A denied installment agreement or offer in compromise
  • Denied penalty abatements

I would be happy to assess your situation during a consultation to determine if an appeal makes sense in your case.

Appeals Process Options

When appealing an IRS decision, you can appeal through numerous programs including the Collection Appeals Process (CAP) or the Collection Due Process (CDP) program. If your case is heard through the CAP, it will be heard quickly but the ruling will be final – you will not be able to further appeal the decision in U.S. Tax Court. If your case is heard through the CDP, it will take longer but you will have the right to appeal further if you wish.

If the total of your taxes, penalties, and interest for all of your involved tax period periods is less than $25,000, you have the option to make a small cast request. All of your involved tax periods must be less than the $25,000 maximum - if any do exceed this amount, all involved periods must be filed in a formal protest. Additionally, your total amount does also include the proposed changes to your penalties or claim refund.

To apply for a small case request, you must send your protest within the specified time, which is why it is important to reach out to a tax appeals attorney as soon as possible.

With so many different procedural and strategic considerations regarding your appeal, you may be feeling overwhelmed. I have the skill and experience needed to help you determine the right path forward. With my help, you can meet all deadlines and present a strong, air-tight appeal. The sooner you call Wynne Law, P.C., the stronger our appeal can be.

I’m an IRS appeals attorney in Garden City who is ready to represent you at every stage of your case. Call me at (516) 246-2280 today.

Contact Us Today!

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.